Amateur eventer Louise Doherty is based in Edinburgh, juggling two horses on a local DIY yard and a busy full-time marketing job.
- Louise's proudest moment in 2019 was winning the BHS Scotland Riding Club Working Hunter Championship at Blair Castle.
- Louise and Maisie had never competed in working hunter before and actually only added it into their schedule as it seemed like good training opportunity for their eventing.
- It gave Maisie the chance to see a variety of difference types of fences and also helped with her flatwork.
- Maisie won a number of the qualifiers around Scotland and went on to win at Blair. She really seemed to rise to the challenge and loved the atmosphere.
Current Horses and Ambitions
- Askinvillar Mayflower (Maisie) 15.2hh 11y.o. Irish Sport Horse Mare:
In 2020 with Maisie, Louise would like to qualify for the Scottish Grassroots Championships. Louise has previously qualified at BE90 level with both horses so this year she is aiming for a BE100 qualification. This goes hand in hand with qualifying for a regional final for Badminton grassroots too. In the second half of the season will depend on how the first half goes but they may look to move up to Novice/*1 intro if they feel ready.
- Coronach De Santana (Corky) 15.1hh 7/8 TB and 1/8 Lusitano Gelding
Louise had previously competed Corky at BE100 level. He has had a period of time off due to injury but Louise is aiming to get back in the saddle in 2020 and is looking forward to having some fun riding pocket rocket Corky again.
Credit: Dave Cameron Photography
A bit about Louise
- As well as training and competing Louise and her horses love hacking, and they are very lucky to have some lovely local beaches in East Lothian, is there anything better than a gallop along the beach to blow the cobwebs away in the morning?
- Between her horses and her busy marketing job, Louise doesn’t have much free time, but she does love spending time with her friends, going out for dinner or relaxing in the spa, all the good things in life! We completely agree!
Louise is also sponsored by:
Dave Cameron Photography
Activate your seat - Specialist Physiotherapist helping riders improve their performance in the saddle
Maeve Sheridan - Chartered Physiotherapist and Veterinary Physiotherapist offering specialist care for horse and rider