The current Pony Club Open Show Jumping Champion!
17 year old Immy has competed across a range of disciplines from working hunter and pony racing to show jumping and eventing, having lots of fun on the Junior BS circuit, representing England North on numerous occasions.
Immy is currently studying Equine Management with an aim to head to the British Racing School, as she’d love to become a jockey!
For 2021 her aim is to compete two horses, Big who will show jump and Bree who will show jump and event in British Eventing U18 classes.
As an apprentice at a race yard Immy is still able to get her daily riding fix and loves travelling to the races with the horses too. She has been lucky to ride youngsters in Newmarket which she found to be incredibly rewarding.
IMMY'S TOP TIPS
- Ride as much as you can, the more you ride the more you learn.
- If they are fizzy and uptight, taking the pressure off will calm horses quicker than tight reins.
- My mum would say you win your rosettes at home. Prepare, train, and do your fitness at home and not at a show.
- Leave any fear or a bad mood in the tack room.
- Be quick to praise.
- If it’s not working try something else, go for a hack or pop them back in the stable and have some chocolate, anything but loose your patience!
- Confidence is catching, if you think it will go well it generally does!